Tuesday, August 12, 2008

120 - I Am the Messenger; Markus Zusak


After falling in love with The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, I looked forward to another read by this author --I am sorry I waited so long. The audio version of I Am the Messenger, was fabulous and was narrated with hilarity, sincerity and caring.

Ed Kennedy's life is mediocre, he lives in a shack with his smelly dog named Doorman, and he drives a taxi. Ed's mother can swear with the best of them, and his father died from alcohol complications.
After Ed stops a bank robbery, he begins receiving anonymous messages marked in code on playing cards in the mail, and almost immediately his life begins to swerve off its beaten-down path. Usually the messages instruct him to be at a certain address at a certain time. So with nothing to lose, Ed embarks on a series of random missions.

This book tells the story of a young man transcending his belief in himself, who learns to value what he has achieved. It captures the reader from the very start (you'll want to cheer Ed on all the way), and the ending will amaze you.


Rating - 5/5 - Completed - 8/12/08




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this book. I came across it simply by checking out other book blogs, and I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.