Friday, February 5, 2010

18 - Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart; Jane O'Connor and Robin Glasser














Just in time for Valentine's Day comes Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart.

For those of you not familiar with the Fancy Nancy series,  Nancy is a little girl who loves to be "fancy". She loves to play dress up and enjoys fancy clothes, fancy accessories, fancy activities, and even fancy words. The books are not only beautifully illustrated, but the "fancy words" she uses and explains the meaning of, is the added bonus to these books.

In Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart, Nancy learns that just about everything for Valentine's Day is "fancy". She receives a secret Valentine, and follows the clues to find out who it is from.  In this adorable holiday story, Nancy explains how scrumptious raspberry cream candies are, how gorgeous Valentine cards can be, and what a secret admirer means, for a few of Nancy's "fancy" words. This edition is suppose to have a page of fun stickers included, however it was missing from the library edition that I borrowed. Recommended for ages 4-8, this book is the perfect gift for the special little "fancy girl" in your life. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - 5/5

16 comments:

  1. I agree; these are such great books! I love how they teach "big" words and make it seem fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books are awesome! I would totally use them more in my classroom if I didn't have almost all boy students! These books teach such great vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a niece who is the perfect age for this one!!!! Loved that you reviewed this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fancy Nancy is a great teaching tool but all the little girls love her at my school just because she's so well, "fancy." I have a little one at home that would love this for a Valentine's Day gift-thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I wish Fancy Nancy would have been around when my daughter was little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, me too, my kids were Berenstain Bear, and later on Babysitter's Club.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter LOVES Fancy Nancy books! I love them too, not only for the vocabulary, but because they show little girls that it is okay to be yourself, no matter how fancy (or un-fancy) you want to be. I see a V-Day present for my daughter in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds adorable, I'm going to take a look at these books for my little girl, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just glanced through a few of these, but they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My 9-y.o. daughter loved the Fancy Nancy books a few years ago. Glad to hear the author continues to do follow up books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the perfect "fancy" little girl for this book! She is four and thinks that princesses and pink should populate the earth! Great review, I am going to be looking out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids in the library love this series. I'll have to put this one on my book order list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a friend that teaches 2nd grade and uses these books to teach the kids how to use "fancy" words in their own writing. I've only read one in the series and thought it was adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.