Saturday, November 20, 2010

149 - Llama, Llama Holiday Drama; Anna Dewdney



















In the fall I read about Llama Llama's nervousness as he got ready to go to school for the first time in:  Llama, Llama Misses Mama -- I just loved that book (everything about it), so when Anna Dewdney came out with the holiday Llama, Llama Holiday Drama story, on the wish list it went.

First of all, the word Christmas is never mentioned, so it's appropriate for all children. It's the perfect story for those little ones who ask you every minute...."How many more days"? Making holiday ornaments, the days seem to pass slowly for the little Llama Llama.  The "school has, dreidels, songs and bells. Big red ribbons and woodsy smells".


From shopping with mama with only (15) days to go, to making holiday cookies......."No more cookies left to bake! Llama Llama has a tummy ache".    All of the preparations seem to tire Llama Llama out so mama tells him something very important to remember:

"Gifts are nice, but there's another --the true gift is, we have each other" and "Llama Llama warm and snug, gives a kiss and gets a hug, snuggles close with mama llama".......Happy Holidays for Llama


This is a very cute holiday book that I am sure children of all ages will enjoy it. As an adult, although the book is fun and has great illustrations, the story itself  was not quite as good as Llama Llama Misses Mama, in my opinion --something, just something seemed to be missing for me. It's still a book that I would  RECOMMEND for that preschool child in your life.

RATING - 4/5 stars
Library book

10 comments:

  1. I love this series as well and I'm glad to hear that it is a holiday story I can read at school without offending any little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Llama Llama, this sounds like a cute addition to the series. I am sorry to hear that the word Christmas is so likely to offend children. I really haven't come across that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the looks of the Llama Llama book, I'm just a kid at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds truly cute and something that may be a great book for my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I am thinking that these may just be the perfect books for the little girl who I babysit. Thanks for sharing this very cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute book! I like how Llama, Llama sounds whenever I say it out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the first book -- Llama Llama Red Pajamaa -- and we just fell in love with it. The drawings are so sweet, and she does a good job with the stories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to request this one. My son and I liked the one about going to school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this book and I loved hearing the author read it to us at the Texas Book Festival this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.