Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fuddles; Frans Vischer


Title: Fuddles
Author and Illustrator:  Frans Vischer
Publication Year: 2011 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Edition: Hardcover
Source: Library 
Date Completed: 12/16/2011 
Rating: 5/5 
Recommend: yes 
 
Fuddles is a fat and pampered indoor cat who one day realizes that his should have more excitement than just, eating sleeping and using his litter box. He wants to go outdoors. Human mom says "no", and he can't understand why -- no one has ever said "no" to Fuddles.  Determined to go out, he brushes up on his jumping, hunting, and claw sharpening skills --indoors, and one day sneaks out of the house.  He quickly learns that he is too fat to hunt, the bird bath is filthy (and now so is he). He also gets chased by an angry dog, he gets lost and has trouble finding his way home, but one day hears his worried owner calling his name.  Fuddles, quickly realizes that pamper cats really do need to be indoors, and is happy to be back home.
 
The illustrations are awesome, and the story teaches children a lesson, about indoor cats belonging indoors, and that moms really do know best. It is a very cute story and highly recommended.

10 comments:

  1. Perhaps my cats need me to gather them around and read this story to them. They are forever trying to get out and get into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been training the woman who sits next to me at basketball games to watch her language (she has grandchildren), so she says "Piddle" when our team misses a shot or something. Now I have the perfect thing for her to shout - "Fuddles!!!!"

    This looks like a cute little book for kids. I'll also recommend she buy it for her grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be perfect for the grandkids. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with that crazy cover...makes me laugh so I'm sure a kid would really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no place like home, even for cats. This story sounds charming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I'll have to look this one up. My cats think they want out too.

    Barbara, how sad that a grandma has to be trained to watch her language in front of the kiddos. Good for you in helping her out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.